Saturday, January 05, 2013

DCM January Colour Combo Challenge

Happy New Year to everyone!  

And what a great start it is, Leo has set our first colour combo challenge of the year over at Daring Cardmakers and it involves one of my favourite colours, teal. 


I used a dark teal paper from MME for my base and then layered kraft cardstock that I embossed with my Sizzix Classical Beauty folder, creating a beautiful pattern which I inked with PTI Fresh Snow to help it stand out. 



 I then used two strips of musical note washi tape either side of the silky crush ribbon band.  The central labels are from my ever growing and much loved nesties collection.  The sentiment is from WMS's Say It Loud Set, another favourite of mine.


To finish the card I added a couple of layered butterflies and a few shabby tea roses.  I didn't have the colour roses I wanted so I decided to raid my glimmer mists and see if I could create the colour I needed.  I sprayed the white roses first with Electric Blue and then to help tone the blue down, I used Crushed Shell on top.  I love the two-tone result, which doesn't seem to show too well in the photo.

This is the first of many Thank You cards that I need to send out to family and friends to thank them for their wonderful and thoughtful gifts last month.  

Don't forget to check out the rest of the Design Team's beautiful creations this week.  We'd love to see you join in the fun with this months gorgeous colour combo challenge.

Supplies used:
Cardstock - MME, Kraft
Stamps - Say It Loud Stamp Set from WMS
Ribbon - Silky Crush Teal from The Ribbon Reel
Flowers - 25mm Off White Tea Roses from The Ribbon Reel
Other - Nesties, Sizzix Classical Beauty folder, PTI Fresh Snow Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and Musical Note Washi Tape from The Ribbon Reel

TFL!

6 comments:

Lythan said...

I love what you have done with the roses. And that ribbon... sigh... it is a beautiful, beautiful card

Miri said...

ohhh, that's lovely! The musical note washi tape is perfect for your card.

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Such a beautiful card, I love the way you've coloured the roses, very effective.

Natty said...

Fab card Keilly, I love the greeting label combo and those two tone flowers - really pretty. :)

Unknown said...

Lovely card Keilly, the embossed background goes extremely well with the music sheet! Thanks for your sweet comment, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

~Tammy~ said...

Keilly, this is gorgeous! The glittered flowers are stunning!