Monday, October 01, 2012

TRR Challenge #38 'Damask Delight'

Welcome friends to another fun fortnightly challenge at The Ribbon Reel!  It's Debbie's turn to host this week and she has chosen this beautiful inspiration photo .....



and ask that you create a card/project inspired by the NEUTRAL PALETTE in the photo
and include A DAMASK PATTERN, LACE / RIBBONS

Here is my card...


I wanted to have a go at creating a card without patterned paper and dug through my stamps to find this beautiful damask background stamp from Darkroom Door. 


The damask stamp was inked with Versamagic Sahara Sand on to white cardstock.  I used my trusty tape gun to stick it onto a kraft card.  The central label was created with my nesties with kraft and white cardstock.  The sentiment is from WMS also inked with Sahara Sand.  I sprayed Crushed Shell Glimmer Mist on to some Cameo Beige seam binding and tied a double bow and added a couple of mocha beige cherry blossom and an ivory tea rose.  Oh and a few pearls!


Yesterday I spent the day putting together a few gift bag sets to sell in my NOTHS shop so I had gift bags on the brain.  There were a few sweets left over which were used as props so I decided to create a little gift bag for them.  I used a large glassine bag and inked up the same damask stamp.  I've not stamped on a glassine bag before so wasn't sure if it would work.  It took a little while to dry but created a great look.  The sentiment label is also from WMS. 

Challenges:


Supplies:
Cardstock - Kraft and White Cardstock
Stamps - Damask Background from Darkroom Door from The Ribbon Reel, Rescue Remedies and Say It Loud from WMS
Ribbon - Cameo Beige Seam Binding from The Ribbon Reel
Flowers - Mocha Beige Cherry Blossoms, Ivory Tea Roses from The Ribbon Reel
Ink - PTI Fresh Snow, Versamagic Sahara Sand
Other - 3mm Snow White Self Adhesive Pearls from The Ribbon Reel, Nesties and Glassine Bag

23 comments:

Pauline said...

These are just stunning Keilly! I love the stamped sweet bag, and the Sahara sand ink looks fabulous I've only use it for inking edges before! Gorgeous set!

Joy said...

Gorgeous and elegant, I love the monochromatic look that you have achieved... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Jingle said...

These are just beautiful! Totally love them! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely stunning - so elegant!

Kara said...

so pretty!!!

Cathy McGrath said...

Just gorgeous!

Sadie said...

This such a beautiful package!! It is so elegant and the colours are so rich. Great Job!!

Julia Aston said...

what lovely colors and stampings on these pretty cards! wonderful flowers and ribbons as well! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Jeanne J. said...

So elegant and simply stunning Keilly! The glassine bag has me with my nose about an inch from the screen trying to take in every detail! Nothing short of amazing for these lady!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is an amazing duo...such an elegant design. Fabulous job. I'm so happy you could join us this week for the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge.

-Aneta- said...

What a beutiful cards !!! Love the colours and robbon :) Amazing creations !

Kelly S. said...

Oh these are heavenly, Keilly! Like little creamy dreams ;) SO elegant and the embellishing is just perfect. An absolutely stunning gift set!!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous! Love the damask print with WMS images and tone on tone is sooooo elegant!

Anonymous said...

So-o pretty! What beautiful and elegant cards with great colors
Love the soft cream colors and the cards are just gorgeous.

Marybeth said...

Your card is just stunning! So beautiful and very elegant!

Marybeth said...

Both projects are beautiful didn't want to leave out the beautiful set .

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, these are gorgeous, Keilly! Love the beautiful damask background, the flowers and the bow! Great work!

Peanut said...

Oh my! Super stunning. Love the damask background and the colours are so soft and romantic. Definitely a very special birthday card.

Suzi Mac said...

Oh my!!! Keilly this is a beautiful gift set. Love your background stamping and the fabulous sentiments. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place with your gorgeous creation. Good luck!
Hugs
Suzi x

Renee said...

Gorgeously soft and romantic...
swoon worthy!!
A fabulous take on this weeks sketch...
and so happy you play along with us this week at WMSC!! :)

Edna Morrisedie said...

These are super sweet, I love all the labels and soft finishings with your flower embellishments! Well done and thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Jean Martin said...

Oh my goodness! Soooo beautiful! One of my favorites! :) Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

Savitri said...

Beautiful! I love the challenge! I should check it out :)