Monday, June 25, 2012

TRR Challenge #31 Let's Have Tea

We have another fabulous challenge over at The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog this week.  It's Debbie's turn to host this week and she has chosen this fab inspiration photo....


...and ask that you create a card / project using the COLOURS in the photo USING a 'TEA ELEMENT', FLOWERS plus LACE or RIBBON!
I'm a little behind posting my card this week.  We have lots going on here at the moment, the shop is keeping me very busy and we are decorating our home, getting it ready to (hopefully) put it on the market soon.  I can't wait.  Quietly wishing we'll find somewhere that I can have a little crafty corner of my own. 

Here's my card...


 Such beautiful colours to play with this week.  As soon as Debbie chose a tea element for this challenge, I knew I'd have to use my WMS Afternoon Tea Sentiments Stamps.  


The border is stamped using an oval classic frame which I added a few pink self adhesive pearls to, before stamping the sentiment.  I tucked a purple doily die cut behind the sentiment and a couple of purple cherry blossoms - I do love these flowers!  The cup from the same set was stamped onto MME Love Me Pink Doily paper, hand cut stuck with a few foam dots to give the card more depth.  


I added some natural crochet lace and lilac seam binding to the base of the card and finally an ivory tea rose.

Supplies used:
Cardstock - MME Love Me from The Ribbon Reel, Basic Grey Kraft 
Stamps - WMS Classic Oval Frames, WMS Afternoon Tea Sentiments
Ribbon - Natural Crochet Lace and Lilac Seam Binding from The Ribbon Reel
Flowers - Light Violet Cherry Blossoms and Ivory Tea Rose from The Ribbon Reel
Other - Nesties, Candy Pink Self Adhesive Pearls from The Ribbon Reel

1 comment:

purple_pea_fran said...

Beautiful card Keilly, those colours are gorgeous :) Fran x