Friday, October 07, 2011

DCM October Flowers - Calendula

Can you believe we are in October already, how quick the months are flying by, before you know it we'll be celebrating Christmas and the New Year!

A new month, a new flower challenge over at the Daring Cardmakers Challenge blog. The birth flowers for October are Calendula or Cosmos. I'll have to admit that I didn't have a clue what either of these looked like so had to google images of them.

Here is my card....



I went with Calendula, as although both flowers look like they usually have daisy shape petals, the Cosmos are mostly orange or red but the Calendula come in pink!



I dug out my daisy punch for this flower, punched 3 daisies and stuck them together, adding a button and twine as the centre. I hope this passes for a Calendula?!


I used MME Lost & Found Blush papers, these are just gorgeous. I love the bright pink in this card! I recently bought some stamps and have only just got them out to use. The sentiment is from Roses in Bloom stamp set.

Don't forget to check out the gorgeous cards by the DCM DT!
Link
I'd like to enter the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion #78 -Anything Goes (plus ribbon)


Supplies used:
Cardstock - MME Lost & Found 2 Blush papers from the ribbon reel
Ribbons - Pink 2 Tone Mesh ribbon, 15mm Cream Scallop Lace and Pink Button Twine from the ribbon reel
Stamps - WMS Roses in Bloom set
Other - Pink Button from the ribbon reel, Nesties


TFL!

3 comments:

Pauline said...

A beautiful card Keilly, just stunning! Love that flower, and the paper is beautiful.

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Love it - that flower is so lovely, I really like the patterned paper.

purple_pea_fran said...

Beautiful card Keilly! Love the papers and yummy flower :) Fran xx