Sunday, September 18, 2011

TRR #11 'Happy Birthday'

I'm hosting the challenge this fortnight over at The Ribbon Reel and I've chosen this inspiration photo for us all .....

...and ask that you create a card or project for your inspiration PLUS it must have a BIRTHDAY theme AND use RIBBON/LACE and/or TWINE.

Here's my card..


I've recently bought some Tim Holtz Dies and absolutely love them! I think this dressmakers doll is fab, as well as this On the Edge die, which I used to shape the bottom of my card.

I'm not sure what I did before seam binding, I still use it on most of my cards. I started with some pink crochet lace and layered with chalk white seam binding. I created a double bow before tying a button with button twine to the centre and finished with a couple of pearl pins.

Don't forget to check out the rest of TRR design team's creations.


Supplies used:
Cardstock - MME Lost & Found 2 Blush from the ribbon reel
Ribbons - Pink Crochet Lace, Chalk White Seam Binding, Ivory Button Twine from the ribbon reel
Stamps - WMS Fancy Phrases
Other - 25mm Rosy Pink Tea Rose and White Pearl Pins from the ribbon reel, Tim Holtz Dies, Nesties, Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink

10 comments:

Kim Duran said...

This is just stunning! I love everything about this card. The dress form, the ribbon, the pins, and of course, that amazing stamped sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!

Pauline said...

Beautiful Keilly! Love the seam binding bow with pin, and the beautiful papers. Very very pretty!

Céline said...

stunning card! really elegant
thanks for playing with us t stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline SSC DT

Kelly S. said...

So light and lovely, Keilly! I just love how you incorporated that dress form, and your that edge die is gorgeous! And any card with a speck of gingham is perfect in my book...I see it on the sweet tag :)!

Grenouille Greetings said...

A truly beautiful classy card. Lovely design, perfect papers and embellishments too! It's a pleasure to see you at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week! Hugs, Lesley

Julia Aston said...

what a luscious card! wonderful colors - love the pretty bow and pearl pin! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Bettina L. said...

Wow this is really lusciuos and shabby. Love those colours and that fab design. The dress and bow decoration makes it perfect. Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles this week and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge:) Bettina x

Clare said...

Really gorgeous, love the dress form and layers!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Delightfully shabby, just dreamy!

Deborah Frings said...

Full of shabby goodness - this is so very pretty. I love the lace edge, the pretty bow and pins and the gorgeous body form - lovely!