Thursday, September 15, 2011

Butterfly

I managed to grab a few minutes to myself this morning and decided to make a few cards. I sometimes try too hard putting my cards together and am never fully satisfied with how they end up. Today, I tried to think less about what I was creating and just go with the flow.

So here is one of the cards that I put together this morning...


I used one of my new Darkroom Door butterfly stamps and inked with fresh snow and stamped onto kraft cardstock. Unfortunately I decided to add some glitter after I'd cut around the image which by this time the ink had almost dried, so its not quite as sparkly as I had wanted, but I still absolutely love it!

LinkI wanted to use some wide ribbon and chose this ivory silky crush ribbon and tied into a large bow.


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Sing It ('Butterfly' by Crazy Town)
Flutterby Wednesday #171 - Butterfly
My Mums Craft Shop Challenge - Anything Goes
Scrapmaster Paradise (Colour Combo #117 - Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Regal Rose)
Creative Inspirations Paint - Use ribbon

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Papermania Kraft, EP Victoria Garden, MME
Stamps: Darkroom Door Butterfly stamp set from the ribbon reel, WMS Fancy Phrases
Ribbon: Ivory silky crush from the ribbon reel
Other: Nesties, White Tea Rose from the ribbon reel


TFL!

10 comments:

Fiona said...

This is a stunner Keilly, exceptionally pretty!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Keilly :-) the butterfly with the rose center looks stunning and the papers and bow are beautiful !

love the song title too :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Danni said...

Gorgeous! What a lovely card! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Jen Shults said...

This is beautiful! I love that giant bow! Thanks for joining this week's Flutterby Wednesday Challenge!

Mary J said...

So very very beautiful Kelly! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday!!

Mary J x

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card, Keilly! Thanks for playing at SPCC this week...you used our colors perfectly!

Shelby said...

Wonderful! This card is so pretty and the butterfly so perfect. Thanks for joining us at MMCS birthday challenge.

Shelby

Pauline said...

This really is a beauty! Love it!

Leanne said...

I sure do like that butterfly, great job on this card. Thanks for playing with us at SPCC, nicely done!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, fab butterfly and what a brilliant choice of song.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby