Friday, August 12, 2011

TRR Challenge #8 'Citrus Sunshine' (again)

I used to always be creating mini albums and layouts but things have changed and I make far more cards these days. There are lots of subjects that you can scrap about but as I have children, most of mine are based on them. However, having a passion for ribbons, flowers and pastel colours and two little boys, don't really go together, so I've found it harder to scrap about them.

Our latest Ribbon Reel Challenge seemed like a super opportunity to pull out some photos and get a layout together. I based it on the following Kirsty Wiseman sketch from a few weeks ago.

and here is my layout...

LinkLinkThe colours are perfect for The Ribbon Reel Challenge #8 Citrus Sunshine, to use Turquoise, Yellow & a touch of Green (plus neutral). My touch of green was my large button and apple green bakers twine.

I used one of the techniques learnt on my recent MIMM journal, by using bubble wrap and paint to create a circle effect on the aqua coloured cardstock. I loved adding this pom pom trim instead of hearts, as per the sketch.

I'd like to enter it into the following projects:

4CraftyChicks - 'twine'
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge - 'Primary Colours'
Creative Craft Challenges
- 'Summertime'

Supplies used:
Cardstock - Bazzill, Echo Park Victoria Gardens
Trim - Yellow Bakers Twine, Apple Green Bakers Twine and Navajo Pom Pom trim from the ribbon reel
Other - Aqua Scenic Route alphabet, Thickers white mini, button, paper doily from stash


TFL!

6 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Love the scrapbook layout - super photo and your journalling comment is wonderful. Here's mine!

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Keilly, a superb layout of your beautiful boys xx

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Indeed love the layout you created! It's refreshing to see it as an entry. Love the twine, the colored doily and the trim! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Kath
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Leanne said...

Love the layout, very nicely done. Thanks for playing the Twine Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks this week. Great work!

Jo said...

Great scrapbook page, I especialy love the bobbles!!

Tamie said...

What a fantastic layout. Great pictures too. Love how you included the twine on it. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.